In 2019, WHO organized a webinar series of public financial management (PFM) in health issues. The series included six sessions on key PFM topics – from budget formulation, to budget execution and monitoring – and involved a range of well-established experts from WHO, World Bank, OECD, International Budget Partnership and Results for Development, as well as country experts from health and finance authorities. The webinar series was successfully followed by 500 registrants working on country health system and financing.
In 2020, WHO made the recorded sessions of the webinar series available for the public. With the permission of the different contributors, the files have been transformed into 30 minute-video podcasts. They cover the six following PFM topics:
1) Introduction – Role of PFM functions and reforms from a health sector perspective
2) Budget formulation issues in the health sector: key issues for policy makers
3) Budget execution issues in the health sector: challenges and policy responses
4) Links between budget reforms and provider payment systems: what is at stake?
5) Budget accountability: financial transparency and accountability towards sector outputs
6) Budgeting for health in devolved settings.
The six podcasts are available above to watch and listen.