Zoonotic diseases can have reaching impacts on the health of people, animals, environments, economies and health systems globally. Countries must be prepared to detect, prevent and respond to these emerging and endemic diseases.
The Tripartite organisations (FAO, OIE and WHO) have launched a guide entitled ‘Taking a Multisectoral, One Health Approach: A Tripartite Guide to Addressing Zoonotic Diseases in Countries’, the TZG, to support countries in addressing zoonotic diseases. It provides principles, best practices and options to assist countries in achieving sustainable and functional collaboration at the human-animal-environment interface.
Today, a new online training is available for free to help you navigate and implement the TZG.
Watch this video to know more about the training:
What are the benefits for your country?
After completing this training, you will:
- Understand the purpose of the TZG
- Recognize the tools that can be used to understand national context and priorities for One Health
- Explore the seven technical chapters of the TZG
- Learn from country examples about the application of key principles of the TZG
- Identify operational tools available to support the use of the TZG at a country level