(Following article is in response to the New York Times Columnist, Mr. Thomas L. Friedman’s latest column, “To Tell the Truth”, April 20, 2001)
Mr. Friedman’s article should be more aptly titled “Truth or Consequences”. Unfortunately neither he nor anyone in this country “can stand the truth”, for any truth regarding Israel has serious consequences. Let’s try these truths:
1. Israel didn’t exist prior to 1947 and was forcefully imposed by England, the U.S. and the United Nations for domestic (Jewish influence), international (a western colony in the MidEast), and holocaust sympathy by physically displacing a native population into the squalor of refugee camps.
2. From its inception Zionism has sought to expand Israel into Arab land by wars.
3. After its founding by UN affirmation, Israel with American taxpayer, military, and veto support has defied and defiled countless UN Resolutions, Geneva Convention, and international laws regarding acquiring land by force, dispossessing civilians, and creating illegal “settlement” facts on the ground.
4. Without Jewish and Media support, without Jewish campaign money to pandering Congressmen, without the demonization of Arabs and Islam in America, Israel would already have peace and security with its neighbors instead of a cover to tear up the holy land and its lives.
5. Arafat and his cronies are responsible for corruption, lies, manipulation, stupid politics and terrorist acts that hurt the Palestinians.
6. The corrupt, self serving, dictators in the Arab world have removed any semblance of respect for Arabs and Islam. Priority one is self preservation at all costs. Their bellicose words match their impotent backbones. Their military and police are used to preserve their seat, oppress their people and deny freedoms and education to their people that allow a Sharon to trample on holy sites and human rights.
7. The end of the Cold War ensured American dominance of the U.N. to the detriment of world peace and justice.
In effect, all are to blame, but none more so than Friedman’s and America’s blind acceptance of Israel’s “Truth” so help us God.
Mr. Mohamed Khodr is an American Muslim physician and a native from the Middle East. He has worked in Academic Medicine and Public health with national and international health experience. He is a freelance writer who often writes columns on the Palestinian cause, Islam and on America’s Foreign Policy in the Middle East. He lives in the Washington DC area.